Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

A Little Discussion...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CoBalt Karma, Sep 30, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Change back to the old PH Gamemode?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CoBalt Karma Prophunt Director

CoBalt Karma
    Staff Member Prophunt Director Guess Who Staff Garry's Mod Staff
    So as most of us are aware, the PH server has been kinda quiet this past couple weeks. People have been busy with school starting back up and the others have been busy at work. For myself, a new game came out(Destiny 2) and that took all my time. BUT I want to still lead this server and I want this server to succeed. With that said, I think a little remodeling is in order.

SO some changes that I want to get feedback on:

1. Going back to the old PropHunt Gamemode (without prop rotation)
    For me PH Enhanced made gmod run so bad, I could get 30-60 fps on the old ph and I know my computer is trash but it shouldn't drop it down to like 10-15 fps max. I went to other ph servers last night to test what I could run it at and all of them were on the old ph, ALL of them were running smoothly at 30-45 fps at player counts near 40! I don't know if everyone agrees with me about this but check out the popular ph servers, most of them are running the old ph. I like the whole "vanilla" thing, obviously we'll keep Pointshop 2 and all the items in there.

2. Removing Power Rounds.
    Again other servers don't have this. We thought it was a cool idea adding some different rounds that could be fun but it turned out to be mostly an annoyance more then fun (at least in my opinion).

3.Anything else you guys want to add/change.

I want PH to be like the good ol' days back on Aurora where we could have a maxed out server pretty much all day so in my opinion, we should change everything back to what it was back then and of that doesn't work then we can go from there but I would greatly enjoy myself if it was like that because when my gmod is running that bad then I start to get sick and I don't enjoy it, I wish I could just throw a good amount of cash into a new computer but it's not that easy for me.

Anyways, let's talk about how we can change things to get a good player base back.

edit: I'll make a poll about number 1 because I feel like that's more important unless I can have two polls on this post?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    FlameFinesse, Hawki905 and Ikea Sama like this.
  2. Hawki905 Senior Admin

Hawki905
    Staff Member Senior Admin Guess Who Staff Prophunt Staff Garry's Mod Staff
    On number one I totally agree with going back to old PH, It just seemed like it was more fun and plus it seemed always atract a player base with little to no complaint's about certain things. FPS was not much an issue and overall just seemed easier to manage as well. Now with number two the power rounds were nice but they seems annoy or were more troublesome than what thought it be, and I wouldn't be apposed to getting rid of them as well.

As for any changes or additions, maybe think about adding holiday related shop items or maps associated with Halloween and Christmas and so on. It would be cool thing we could have up til new years eve and so on.

Hawki :)

FlameFinesse likes this.
  3. FlameFinesse PROPHUNT KING

FlameFinesse
    I have absolutely no problem with going back to the good old prop hunt. As for power rounds I do admit I'll miss them a bit and if they are removed, and another way to spice up the game should be thought of. I believe the server should be unique in a way a lot of people enjoy. I have no ideas but it's something that should be discussed in the future after these changes are made. :)

4. CoBalt Karma Prophunt Director

CoBalt Karma
    I like that idea, I do plan on doing that

5. CoBalt Karma Prophunt Director

CoBalt Karma
    I feel like if we're being friendly and having fun then people will come back but we can keep power rounds around for a bit to see how people feel about it

6. [LB] Snyper Eyes Senior Admin

[LB] Snyper Eyes
    Staff Member Senior Admin SCP Staff Prophunt Staff Garry's Mod Staff
    Can you keep power rounds but just remove the fact that it's a power round every certain amount of rounds?
    That way as staff we can just run the power round using the prmenu every now and then (doing a vote to find if the server wants it or not?)

7. CoBalt Karma Prophunt Director

CoBalt Karma
    Yeah that can work I'm sure

8. Waffl3 Resident Communist

Waffl3
    Depends, will we still have rotation and rotation lock?

9. FlameFinesse PROPHUNT KING

FlameFinesse
    Most likely not, that's the beauty of old school prop hunt though.

10. [LB] Snyper Eyes Senior Admin

[LB] Snyper Eyes
    Staff Member Senior Admin SCP Staff Prophunt Staff Garry's Mod Staff
    He said this in the post
    If we return to old PH we won't have Prop rotation anymore

11. Waffl3 Resident Communist

Waffl3
    Then I say no to old ph.

12. CoBalt Karma Prophunt Director

CoBalt Karma
    Yeah I can see why people like prop lock but tbh it's a few who do.

Again I want to do something to reboot the server and something big has to happen

FlameFinesse likes this.
  13. Waffl3 Resident Communist

Waffl3
    I guess it makes sense. Well I guess I'll just play it safe and always be a tiny prop.

CoBalt Karma likes this.