Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Pending Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Church, Aug 14, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Church F├╝hrer

Church
    Staff Member Owner
    I've been playing with this idea for a very long time and think I just found the right formula. I would like to stick with my name "Clone Wars Conquest"

MAP
    One map with no planets, just one large map with two well built bases and lots or land to fight on.
    Picture this map but with Star Wars textures and structures: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=949224045&searchtext=jungle+mrp

FACTIONS
    Will consist of two factions in constant battle:

Republic
    • Clone trooper units :501st, 212th, 41st, 21st, Shock
    • Donator units: Astromech, RC Squads, ARC Squads, Bounty Hunter
    • Jedi (also donator)
    CIS
    • Droid units: B1(several units), B2, Commando, Assassin Droid, Tactical Droid for command
    • Donator units: Deathwatch, Magna Guard
    • EG5, Force Sensitive (also donator)

ACTIVITY
    With this format the intention is to not be centered around daily main events but on constant action with a periodic war timer(like in the old days). Both factions can call periodic peace, negotiate terms, or just kill one another. After each war a winning faction will be announced.

There will be periodic events(daily) Where foreign invaders will threaten both factions and it would be up to them to decide if to band together or to fight singly.

There will be weekly huge events where the entire map will change to a new map and an entire campaign run for a day or two.

RATIONALE
    The aim is to provide a unique experience for clone wars lovers while straying from the current reliance on staff for fun. At present most players get on for events then leave because there's not a lot of action outside of that. This aims to make the system more free flowing.

IMPORTANT POINTS
    The map is deliberately not going to be layered or planets as interplanetary travel is not realistic and complicates things. The map will be made to have all necessary structures and ample space for PVP.

There will be points that can be captured, vehicles which can be purchased(inclusive of tanks, bombers, speeders etc), quests and even maybe some gambling.

The HP and loadouts will be balanced to fit PVP and not PVE. The hope is to make it so that 1 Jedi can take on 5-8 droids but will have a hard time with more.

Force sensitive will be used for the dark side as there was not a lot of Sith in this time period but lots of dark force sensitive beings.

All current classes and donations will stay.

Please comment below with your opinion on the idea. Please refrain from posting non-constructive comments. Explain your point of view. The purpose of this post is to get feedback from the community and make possible adjustments.

2. Spooxy Veteran

Spooxy
    Hey @Church ,

Long time no see, We had almost this exact same idea at LG and worked on it for a little over 2-3 months and it did not work out very well. I'll list the pros and cons we had with the server to show what LG had trouble with.

Pros:
    - New and Fun Idea
    - Refreshing, different RP
    - TDM style

Cons:
    - Server is no fun with low player count
    - Needs big events to bring people in

Well If you go through with this best of luck sounds cool just stick with it. Also contact me if you need anything from me my schedule is much more clear now, would be nice to work with you again :spoox:

Bellamy and Church like this.
  3. Rumpelstilzchen Member

Rumpelstilzchen
    +1
    -Sounds like more fun than a bunch of troops sitting around all day with nothing to do besides the daily 2 events and the occasional minis.

-War would definitely keep the playerbase active and wanting to fight in the wars to try and achieve promotions and get into different squads.
    -One side may be less populated than the others, but that doesn't stop Mother Russia from fighting strong on the LB MilRP server.

-Just don't turn it into Conquest.

4. 123 Moderator

Staff Member Moderator Clone Wars Staff
    1+ i would love this

5. Moon That thing in the sky

Moon
    Staff Member Super Admin Clone Wars Staff Garry's Mod Staff
  6. Bunny Moderator

Bunny
    Staff Member Moderator Clone Wars Staff Garry's Mod Staff
  7. Slimey_ Member

Slimey_
    Sounds like fun idea and would love to see where we could go if we apply this to the server.

+1

8. Deus /Zachery\ Vult Member

Deus /Zachery\ Vult
    Think about it if you add a multi faction server then you thin out the player base to only a small amount of people in one faction I think this would've been better if we had alot more people.

But that's just a theory.... A GAME THEORY!

9. Bellamy Senior Admin

Bellamy
    Staff Member Senior Admin Clone Wars Staff
    Regular old passive RP until the events happen is getting a little stale. However, the server would have to be full on MilRP style, because the hybrid we tried did not work.
    *cough*EMBASSY FLASHBACKS*cough*
    +1

10. NCIS Gibbs Senior Moderator

NCIS Gibbs
    Staff Member Senior Moderator Clone Wars Staff Garry's Mod Staff
    +1 love it, can still spawn as an old man

11. Naz Administrator

Naz
    Staff Member Administrator Clone Wars Staff Garry's Mod Staff
    Contrary to what I've said about it before, I'd actually love to see this idea and how it works in game as well as it would be fun to see what kind of RP follows and how the two factions will interact with each other and be fleshed out. Plus being a droid would be one of the most fun someone can have on a clone wars RP server in my opinion

And I'd totally resign from CC if this idea came to be and go be a Tac Droid hahaha

-Naz

12. Jiggaboo Jones Super Admin

Jiggaboo Jones
    Staff Member Super Admin Clone Wars Staff Garry's Mod Staff
    lemme hitchu up wid dat

+1

13. [LB]Knox Moderator

[LB]Knox
    Staff Member Moderator Clone Wars Staff Garry's Mod Staff
  14. Deus /Zachery\ Vult Member

Deus /Zachery\ Vult
    Also are we still staying in our battalions?

15. Harmonic Member

Harmonic
  16. Zayanz Hey wait why am I still listed as staff?

Zayanz
    Staff Member Moderator Clone Wars Staff