Accepted Gryff's Assistant Application (For Real This Time)

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Gryff, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Gryff

Gryff Member

Ingame name: Gryff

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48955048
    Steam ID3: [U:1:97910096]
    Steam ID64: 76561198058175824

Age (must be at least 16): 16

Total playtime on the server (must be at least 2 days): 2 days, 17 minutes.

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned? If yes, explain in detail: Nope.

Do you have any experience being staff on Garry's Mod? If yes, state what server/position(s) and time period(s): Yes. I have been an admin on various dark RP servers. (too many to count), and I was the co-owner of Aegis Gaming and Dominion gaming, both of which were CWRP. I also was a senior admin on SNR Gaming. (also CWRP) None of these servers are active anymore because of staff disputes.

Do you have experience with ULX/LUA? If yes, explain which and how much: A pretty good amount. A lot more with ULX from my experiences as an admin and owner of CWRP servers. But I also have a basic understanding of LUA.

Do you have experience with mapping in Source games?: Although I've never done it in a professional sense, I have tinkered and watched tutorials on hammer mapping before.

Do you have experience in working with playermodels in Garry's Mod? (animation, modeling, etc.): I've worked on some minor modeling for CWRP servers, just adding markings and stuff to the armor. Never animations though.

What can you bring to the staff team?: I'm often on at really weird times in the night, allowing me to moderate when other people aren't on. I have first hand seen the aggravation that can come from getting stuck or doorblocking, and I think I can quickly deal with this. Plus my experiences as owner gives me a pretty good idea to the nuance a lot of situations can have.

Why would you like to join the LB staff team?: Because I spend a large amount of time on the server, and I think it could help the server to have one more staff who cares. Also I think I have a pretty good reputation on the server, so I think a lot of people would respect my words, at least on a personal leve.

What separates you from other players?: I play on this server a lot, I think it's the best breach server. Because of this I kind of have a drive to keep this server up and running, and well.

Why should you be chosen for the position you are applying for and not someone else?: I have a lot of experience with admining servers, and I can work pretty much all the time. A lot of players know me, and I'm generally pretty good at seeing both sides of the server.

How often can you be online?: Pretty much every day unless I specify otherwise.

Do you have a working microphone?: Yep.

Please state one reference (optional): A Can of Sun Drop

2. Sun Drop

Sun Drop Assistant Staff Member Assistant SCP Staff

+1, seems well thought out (plus I'm your reference)

3. RadReed

RadReed New Member

+1 I know him from our personal group. He is very kind and appealing.

4. Dr.Clef

Dr.Clef Member

Awesome guy, definitely a +1 for me. He's helped me in many situations before, and he still helps me in many more. I also like his voice.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  5. DoctorSizzles

DoctorSizzles Black Lamborghini Staff Member Senior Moderator SCP Staff Garry's Mod Staff

The applicant has updated the thread, but I am still against the spreading my vote with pm's, so I am going to give a Neutral.

6. Eric 2

Eric 2 Moderator Staff Member Moderator SCP Staff

+1 left a good impression after playing with you.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  7. Gryff

Gryff Member

Can you please explain how it's lacking effort?
    It's possible we don't play at the same times, but I have been on a pretty decent amount. Enough for a lot of people to know me, anyway.

Dr.Clef likes this.
  8. Gryff

Gryff Member

since when is complaining against the rules? i can have opinions, right?

9. Detective L

Detective L Moderator Staff Member Moderator SCP Staff Garry's Mod Staff

0.5+ I think you are a good player and you are on often but you should try to deal with things in a calm manner. I would like you to remove your responses to sizzles comments and if you have any questions to why he has that opinion of you, you can ask him privately in a friendly manner. As a staff you should have a level head. Just letting you know you can ignore what I say but I can assure you that taking it into account will gain my respect .

10. Sir Badgerlock II

Sir Badgerlock II Administrator Staff Member Administrator SCP Staff Garry's Mod Staff

Not a good idea when its a staff member speaking his opinion you should acknowledge that advice rather than going against it.

11. Gryff

Gryff Member

Badger, I like you, and I also respect you. The issue I have is Sizzle seems to just neutral for no effort for no reason, he did it to multiple apps before mine. I attempted to ask him here in the comments why he had that opinion, and I got no response. Just saying 'no effort' isn't telling me how to make it better. I responded to almost every question with a paragraph. So yes, I was mad that I got nonconstructive criticism.

12. Detective L

Detective L Moderator Staff Member Moderator SCP Staff Garry's Mod Staff

Gryff that is fair. You believe you put hard work into your application and you want fair and honest opinions which will help you shape your mind set and playstyle to help with your reputation and chances of getting accepted. You should've tried to contact sizzles privately through one of the many means of communications. I can not speak for doctor but the way you replied to both Eric's and Doctor's posts defending yourself and questioning him seemed angry. I personally don't think you had any bad intentions by it but you should have just privately contacted them or accepted the fact that it is hard to get a perfect score.

13. Slayer

Slayer New Member

+1. Gryff is a good member and knows what he is doing usually.

14. DoctorSizzles

DoctorSizzles Black Lamborghini Staff Member Senior Moderator SCP Staff Garry's Mod Staff

Badger, you just basically said that he cannot have opinions. I respect all opinions, but whining to everyone that My vote is unfair, is just childish. I do also think the applicant has not put much effort in the application, which is why I -1'd it in the first place. If you would like to discuss to me on this matter, just add my on Steam and we can talk about it.
    Telling you no effort is plenty. It simply means, go back into your application, and add more information. I didnt know my requests were that difficult. My vote is staying a -1 and nothing will change it.

Sir Badgerlock II likes this.
  15. Sir Badgerlock II

Sir Badgerlock II Administrator Staff Member Administrator SCP Staff Garry's Mod Staff

It seems as if I have conceived the wrong message and my wording was improper, but I agree with your point.

16. [LB]JosephMeowlin

[LB]JosephMeowlin Catmmunist Staff Member Moderator SCP Staff

+1 i think he deserves a chance :D