Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Removing Rule 13.

Discussion in 'CWRP Archives' started by Joe, Jun 19, 2016.

Share This Page

?

Rule 13.

1. Remove it.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Keep it.

22 vote(s)
    81.5%
  1. Joe New Member

Joe
    Hi.
    Righto, firstly just wanna say that we're all playing a mature game here so not really sure what the big deal is about swearing/cursing, however I do understand that some players are most likely below the age required to play and cursing/swearing is a bad influence but common now. Most of us probably swear like crazy when we're just talking to each other on the mic or on ts and that develops a habit of just swearing in a normal conversation, which makes it kind of annoying when you're just talking normally and bam, you get warned. Personally I think it should just be more of a light guideline and something to be kept to a minimal try if it is that big of a deal but shouldn't be a warn-able offence unless someone is just insulting another player.

tl:dr(cba to read) don't warn for swearing unless someone is just straight up insulting

2. lilneel Guest

lilneel
    If we remove this it will be a flame war in chat 24/7

Imperium likes this.
  3. That is what looc is for. You wanna cuss, blabber like a pirate to your friends that are close to you in looc.

[LB] Ein likes this.
  4. TheFirstSink Member

TheFirstSink
    I don't want to get on and see a flood of f bomb spam.

lilneel likes this.
  5. Imperium Grand Master of the Forums

Imperium
    Rule 13 is in place to create a serious atmosphere. If you look at serious RP servers that allow cursing, it is a mess. This helps maintain RP, and also stops feuds between players. (We don't care about being a "bad influence" on little kids)

6. thehammer1998 Member

thehammer1998
    We deffinitly need to keep it. If we don't (like the others said) it will be terrible.

7. [LB] Ein New Member

[LB] Ein
    Yea, without Rule 13, there would just be swearing all over the place without reason. And as stated above thats what LOOC is for.

8. Killaninja12 New Member

Killaninja12
    Aye, keep it. No reason to have a constant flame war over OOC chat, it would drive people away consistently and just isn't fun for anyone.

9. Assassinninja Member

Assassinninja
    I feel that the rule should be removed tbh and replaced with a more competent one. Maybe a rule where cursing is allowed in OOC as long as it's not directed at anyone. Thing is cursing really makes a point and it emphasizes a individuals statement meaning that they are more serious or something and it's hard to do that without cursing sometimes, maybe it's just me because I do curse a lot and all of my warnings are Rule 13. I see other peoples points though but I feel it could be countered with that rule I listed due to Imperium's issue being that it stops feuds between players but I would like to be informed on how it maintains RP since I really didn't understand that part of his point, sorry if i'm dumb. Also lilneel's issue with it could also be fixed with this said rule but I cannot really challenge the spam of F bombs but I feel like people in this server are mature enough for that and it wont be much of a spam really. TLDR: Replace the rule with a rule saying that its allowed as long as it's not directed at anyone. (To the people I mentioned in this post PLEASE don't take this as a insult as i'm just trying to put up something against your points and maybe improve the rule.) (Another thought: To stop people from getting offended maybe restrict saying words for brain problems like autism and down syndrome for a descriptive word and or a insult.)EDIT:I said diseases like autism and down syndrome like a idiot. Im sorry.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  10. Oak™ New Member

Oak™
    Guys you can have flame wars without cussing lmfao

11. Assassinninja Member

Assassinninja
    This could be done